The craft beer market in the U.S. is currently worth $7.3 billion, and the continuous rise of breweries in the country means that this value will only increase from here on out. And while this makes having a brewery business profitable, the large number of craft beer makers (there are around 9,000 in the U.S.) means that the market is also saturated. So, how can you stand out from the crowd? How will you introduce your product to the public?
One of the best ways to get people raving about your beer is by attending beer tasting events and festivals or by hosting a craft beer tasting session of your own!
Beer tasting events are a great way to capture and grow an audience, show off your brand, and celebrate your love for beer with others! Not sure how or where to begin? Don’t worry, Brew Movers is here to help!
With over two decades of experience in the beer industry, we know a thing or two about the craft beer industry. So here are our top tips to make your next brewery tasting event a success!
How to Prepare for a Brewery Tasting Event
There’s one rule that applies to virtually any type of business or event: preparation is key.
Make the atmosphere comfortable, while keeping the event as informative as possible. If you’re looking to have a brewery tasting soon or to set up a stall at a beer festival there are a couple of best practices to ensure everything goes according to plan:
- Obtain the necessary permits: Each state or municipality has specific laws that everyone needs to adhere to. Make sure you’re aware of all local ordinances and regulations in the city, as well as the rules for joining the event. This will make it easier to set up your booth without a hitch in the days leading up to the brewery tasting.
- Pick a theme: Whether you get a lot of foot traffic or not isn’t entirely dependent on location. Picking a theme that goes with your brand and fits with the overall vibe of the festival is a great way to make your booth stand out. Spice up your signage, make sure it’s visible from far away, and get creative!
- Pick a convenient date and location: If you’re part of the organizing committee, you’ll want to plan the festival that’s around the start of the weekend, but also try to avoid the holidays or weekdays. Give yourself at least two months in advance to prepare. The same goes for choosing a location. Consider the number of guests you anticipate, and if you’ll include vendor trucks or food service. For breweries joining the beer tasting, a booth that’s well-decorated to match your brand and stands in a nice location will help in drawing attention to your product.
Now that you’re prepared, here are six different ways to make sure your craft beer tasting event is a success!
Tip #1: Bring a Variety of Options For Guests
Craft beer can mean many different things to people. If you’re a brewery that’s joining the craft beer tasting session, bring a variety of options for guests to sample. Showing off several samples not only shows you’ve prepared well for the festival but also tells future patrons that you have the range in making beer.
Additionally, don’t “guesstimate” the number of guests that might attend. In this case, you’d want to overestimate the amount of beer you need. A well-stocked booth is one of the keys to making this event a memorable one for you and festival-goers alike.
Tip #2: Bring on the Swag
Who doesn’t love free stuff? Great merchandise will go a long way at craft beer tasting sessions and festivals. From offering beer-related merchandise such as glassware or other memorabilia that has your branding, to giving away customized souvenirs, these are both great ways to make guests remember your craft beer.
Freebies also entice visitors to drop by your stall again and helps build brand awareness. A couple of low-cost options that you could give away include:
- Button badges: Pin them on people that sample your beer, and they inadvertently become a walking advertisement for your brand.
- Bottle opener keyrings and stickers: These items are great for guests who are always on the move! They also make great souvenirs and gifts for their friends.
Tip #3: Promote Your Brand Online
Build buzz in advance! Festival-goers usually plan their trips ahead of time, and this means that they’ll likely research the booths that will be on display during the event. Make sure that you allot time and effort into marketing at the tasting event, and that may include writing blog posts, spreading the word on social media, or reaching out to influencers or local bloggers to promote products on display.
It’s one thing to get people to step into your booth; it’s another story to make them stay. Get the guests involved by creating an experience around your beer. One way to do that is by telling a story that resonates with people.
Craft breweries in the earlier stages of their business can use this opportunity to build connections with their intended audience. If you use a unique style of brewing or local ingredient, make sure to display it.
Tip #4: Only Trust Reliable Logistics
Ice is a critical aspect of a beer festival, so make sure to stock up on it. However, ordering ice is a tricky thing. It’s either the ice melts too quickly or people end up drinking warm beer.
Therefore, planning your ice orders needs to be done meticulously. Partnering with a cold chain shipping expert ensures temperature-controlled delivery, meaning no spoiled or warm product—your beer and ice will be ready to pour!
Don’t overlook the logistics planning side of the brewery tasting. Freight companies that specialize in shipping for festivals will remove pressure from your shoulders, and ensure that everything you need arrives on time.
The Trusted Logistics Partner for Craft Beer
Beer is only as good as the ingredients. The time it takes to ship perishable produce that’s used in craft beer tasting is vital to maintaining the quality of the beverage.
Brew Movers utilizes industry-leading transportation equipment to transport ingredients every day, all while ensuring they don’t get damaged. You want your craft beer tasting event to be a success—so count on us to go the extra mile to ensure your product is handled with care as we transport them from coast-to-coast.
Contact us today to learn more about our services or to request a quote!