The overworked and stressed state of shipping is making waves throughout many different industries across North America as well as overseas into international markets. The overflow of shipping challenges paired with taproom closures is putting increased stress on brewery owners. At Brew Movers, our goal is to:
- add hours back into your day
- help get shipments moved on time
- keep productions running smoothly
- reduce your costs by tapping into different markets to find the best carriers for your load
- keep you updated on what’s happening with your shipment
In our latest webinar, “Your Hip Pocket Guide to Brewhouse Logistics,” we share the most common shipping pitfalls and do’s and don’ts that we’ve come across during our decades-long careers in the industry to help brewery owners and staff better understand shipping logistics.
WHAT WE KNOW:
- We are all working 9% more daily—that’s 5-10 hours more a week!
- 29% of shipments are delayed because of stressed networks
- Shipping rates are up 33% year-over-year driven by increased demand and driver shortage
THE STATE OF SHIPPING:
- Overworked, stressed staff
- Increased shipping costs
- Increased frequency of damages due to inexperienced warehouse workers and drivers
- Delayed transit times causing impacts on beer production times
- Better carrier and mode selection for improved success
- Gain access to new markets by leveraging new carriers
- Drive down freight costs to improve margins
- Take a more proactive approach towards controlling your logistics
- Become more educated on the pitfalls around logistics
- Preplanning with a buffer in your production cycles to offset delays
- Perform a freight audit to ensure you’re preserving your profits by reducing costs
- Mitigate claims by prevention and protection
WATCH OUR WEBINAR HERE:
WHAT WE COVERED:
- Mode Selection
- LTL Classes & Know Your LTL
- Cross Border & Overseas International
- Refrigerated Shipping
- Packaging Gone Wrong
- Protecting Your Investment – including how to wrap your shipments for maximum protection
- Claims Process
YOUR BEERS ARE HAZY. YOUR LOGISTICS DON’T HAVE TO BE.
From ensuring raw materials are delivered to your brewery on time to temperature regulation throughout transportation so that your clients receive cold beer, tight logistics are necessary for any thriving craft beer brewery. The relationships we make along the way are indisputably the most important part of the game, so failure to get your product to its final destination is not an option. And any little mistake can turn into a costly one.
With Brew Movers, you have access to 100s of carriers and our dedicated team of experts who have leveraged buying power across the craft beer industry. It’s important to keep your brewhouse operations as simple as possible. Learn more about shipping logistics in our Knowledge Base.
Let’s keep this conversation going. Contact us here with any questions about shipping and brewery logistics. We’re always available to help.